Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Site Changes
by LunaLight Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:31 pm

» Help Us Find a New Look
by 4evr Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:33 pm

» Haunted location pics
by starchang Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:23 pm

» December 21 first 2012 is NOT the end
by Queen of Cups Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:54 am

» Idea for a game of sorts
by Nena Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm

» I had Deja Vu
by Queen of Cups Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:10 am

» Want to start a psychic journal..any ideas?
by Nena Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:25 pm

» Are psychic abilities hereditary?
by Nena Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 pm

» Do you Want to Write for the Charmed News?
by Queen of Wands Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:42 am

» Super Mario on The Welcome Page
by Queen of Wands Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:41 am

Blue Star Tattoo Hoax - Halloween Urban Legends

+3
starchang
pittster
Queen of Cups
7 posters

Go down

Blue Star Tattoo Hoax - Halloween Urban Legends Empty Blue Star Tattoo Hoax - Halloween Urban Legends

Post  Queen of Cups Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:41 am

As Halloween time nears, the "Blue Star" urban legend will most likely make the rounds once again. Similar to the "Poison Halloween Candy" story, it plays on parent's fears that madmen are out to harm our children.

The "Blue Star" tattoo" hoax will most likely circulate through e-mail chain letters and fliers. Some unwitting journalists and schools will also latch on to this myth, causing even more alarm.

The letters and flyers claim that ruthless drug dealers are targeting school children with a "blue star" rub-on tattoo which is laced with LSD, and is absorbed into the body just by handling the tattoo. Typical to alarmist warnings, the text is full of capital letters and exclamation points stating "THIS IS VERY SERIOUS!" and "FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE!"

Wrapped in foil and only the size of a pencil eraser, the "Blue Star" tattoo is said to be on a small piece of paper containing a blue star -- which is laced with LSD. Adding further "alarm value" some tattoos are also reportedly laced with strychnine, a deadly poison commonly used to kill rats.

For further appeal to children, other tattoos are said to bear the bootleg images of popular cartoon characters such as Disney characters, Mickey Mouse, Superman, clowns, butterflies and later on, Bart Simpson.

Is there any truth to the Blue Star tattoo rumors? So far, there have been no documented cases of tattoos laced with LSD or strychnine being distributed by drug dealers to children. They don't exist so there's no need to fuel this hoax. Chalk this one up to another classic Halloween urban legend.

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blue Star Tattoo Hoax - Halloween Urban Legends Empty Re: Blue Star Tattoo Hoax - Halloween Urban Legends

Post  pittster Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:59 am

HA!! I remember being warned of apples with razor blades in them. This one keeps evolving to keep up with the times.

I can see the kids now...."Mommy, I can see music...Let's listen to some Janice Joplin!".
pittster
pittster
4th Degree Student
4th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Blue Star Tattoo Hoax - Halloween Urban Legends Empty Re: Blue Star Tattoo Hoax - Halloween Urban Legends

Post  starchang Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:54 am

yeah i remember those apple and blade story....funny thing is MY MOM used to give out apples!! bahahahaha...she just wanted to give out something healthy...meanwhile they probably just threw em out as soon as they got home! how sad
starchang
starchang

Back to top Go down

Post  manuel Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:14 pm

poor mom , and again thanks sis
manuel
manuel

http://www.myspace.com/manuelbidinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Cups Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:24 pm

yvw...awww Laughing your mom did that? Apples? ..lol.. my daughter is glad she lives here..here is only candy that goes out, no good healthy stuff...since i already have to make sure she has enough vitamines and a well balance dieet for her tummy , she loves her candy very much once in a while

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Draztic Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:42 pm

I still love candy more than anyone of you but a tasty apple is always good for me.Very Happy
Draztic
Draztic
5th Degree Student
5th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Nena Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:31 pm

My mom always acted like that was true the apple/blade thing. I was convinced.
Nena
Nena

Back to top Go down

Post  Little_Light Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:44 pm

I remember the apple razorblade thing being told to me, we also got the poison injected into the candy warning to go with the lsd tattoos. I actually remember in elementary school being wrned by the teacher before we went on a feild trip, along with the usual stay with the group and your buddy at all times speech, that if someone was giving out stamps at the place none of us were to get one because they might be laced with lsd. LMAO

So my little group of friends and I all took markers and drew a smiley face on the backs of out hands. so when lunch rolled around and our teacher was walking around telling everyone to finish up cause we had about 10 minutes lift of lunchtime we all froze and sat staring at each other. about the time the teacher started to get a little weirded out we all just busted out laughing. We were otherwise really good kids and fortunately it was a special little class and the teacher was pretty cool so she just laughed too.
Little_Light
Little_Light
4th Degree Student
4th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Cups Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:34 pm

Little_Light wrote:I remember the apple razorblade thing being told to me, we also got the poison injected into the candy warning to go with the lsd tattoos. I actually remember in elementary school being wrned by the teacher before we went on a feild trip, along with the usual stay with the group and your buddy at all times speech, that if someone was giving out stamps at the place none of us were to get one because they might be laced with lsd. LMAO

So my little group of friends and I all took markers and drew a smiley face on the backs of out hands. so when lunch rolled around and our teacher was walking around telling everyone to finish up cause we had about 10 minutes lift of lunchtime we all froze and sat staring at each other. about the time the teacher started to get a little weirded out we all just busted out laughing. We were otherwise really good kids and fortunately it was a special little class and the teacher was pretty cool so she just laughed too.

hahahahah i can tottaly see you all sitting there and that teacher go nuts..LOL..love to hear these stories haahhaha

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Little_Light Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Mara wrote:
Little_Light wrote:I remember the apple razorblade thing being told to me, we also got the poison injected into the candy warning to go with the lsd tattoos. I actually remember in elementary school being wrned by the teacher before we went on a feild trip, along with the usual stay with the group and your buddy at all times speech, that if someone was giving out stamps at the place none of us were to get one because they might be laced with lsd. LMAO

hahahahah i can tottaly see you all sitting there and that teacher go nuts..LOL..love to hear these stories haahhaha

I got a million of em too. We were some very odd little kids to be sure. That's why they put us in a special class lol
Little_Light
Little_Light
4th Degree Student
4th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  manuel Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:52 am

i love to hear more of these stories , they are fun to read , thanks for posting it liz
manuel
manuel

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Cups Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:22 am

Little_Light wrote:
Mara wrote:

I got a million of em too. We were some very odd little kids to be sure. That's why they put us in a special class lol

well hun if the stories are there PLEASE feel free to tell them when ever you can!!!
Maybe one day i will tell you all what i an dmy friends did when we were teenagers..like setting the high school lunch room on fire.. Blue Star Tattoo Hoax - Halloween Urban Legends 366839

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Little_Light Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:02 am

lol we never set anything on fire that I remebmber, well not at school anyway. We did do some fairly inventive and diabolical things at times though
Little_Light
Little_Light
4th Degree Student
4th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Cups Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:05 am

oh yea we set thinsg on fire..but compleetly by accident yep..ahum... and you can imagion what else we did just to pas some time ...LMAO...It got so bad that the principal from our highschool saw us coming and she rolled her eyes and said in the same breath "oh no they are here already"..hahahahhahaha they had seperate meetings just for us hehehheehe

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  manuel Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm

yep mara was a real sweety at school , lol , but where are the stories , still waiting for them little_light
manuel
manuel

Back to top Go down

Post  Little_Light Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:19 pm

Mara wrote:oh yea we set thinsg on fire..but compleetly by accident yep..ahum... and you can imagion what else we did just to pas some time ...LMAO...It got so bad that the principal from our highschool saw us coming and she rolled her eyes and said in the same breath "oh no they are here already"..hahahahhahaha they had seperate meetings just for us hehehheehe

LMAO dang mara! Sounds like you were a bit of a terror lol. Hard to believe since you are so very sweet now. We weren't that bad, just a little odd. The middle school principal wanted none of it though, made sure we all got split into different classes at different times so we couldn't interact. He claimed we had been socially stunted by being kept in one group for K-5. Worst thing he could have done honestly. Granted we may have accidently blown up the school if left together for those 3 years but more of us might have actually graduated high school. As it was half the kids from my special class ended up dropping out or on drugs or both. It's a real shame. Coming after my sister i really had a rep to live down too, cause she was not popular with the teachers at all, just couldn't keep from mouthing off at them i guess.
Little_Light
Little_Light
4th Degree Student
4th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Little_Light Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:27 pm

manuel wrote:yep mara was a real sweety at school , lol , but where are the stories , still waiting for them little_light

I didn't know I was on a time frame, gosh. Have a little patience there Manuel lol. Okay what else did we do... well one time we decided to reverse the entire classroom. Took 6 of us to move her desk lol. So when she walked in we all just sat there as if nothing were out of the ordinary. Funny thing was she left it that way for the whole week then made us put it back right on friday.
Little_Light
Little_Light
4th Degree Student
4th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  pittster Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:48 pm

I didn't realize you were such a delinquent as a kid!! Wink Wink Wink

Poor Debbz!!! lol! lol! lol!
pittster
pittster
4th Degree Student
4th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  manuel Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:59 pm

Little_Light wrote:
manuel wrote:yep mara was a real sweety at school , lol , but where are the stories , still waiting for them little_light

I didn't know I was on a time frame, gosh. Have a little patience there Manuel lol. Okay what else did we do... well one time we decided to reverse the entire classroom. Took 6 of us to move her desk lol. So when she walked in we all just sat there as if nothing were out of the ordinary. Funny thing was she left it that way for the whole week then made us put it back right on friday.

dang it seems we have two little Twisted Evil amongst us , man that is so funny
manuel
manuel

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Cups Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:35 pm

i was always sweet Liz...hehehhee... just as you were i read ...LMAO... Teachers in our class never tayed long, they couldn`t even handle us fro one hour let alone an intire day HAHAHAHAAA... i remember oe day i was just freaking happy.The teacher came in and told us to get our books..at that moment i just had this tune in my head i couldn`t get out,soooo annoying.So i figured if i had this annoying tune in my head i was gonna share it with the class and started singing out loud and then yelled "NOW EVERYONE"..and ofcourse they all sang along...so my job was done i wasn`t the only one with this stupid tune in my head.We were with 35 kids in our class,can ye imagion the teacher going nuts!!!!!!! She walked out and then the principal came into our class.Started to yell and make a big fuzz out of the littel insident hehehehe..Then we walked into the next class and she came in again telling us our teacher for that hour would be 5 mintues late cause someone just hit her car..nothing big though she just was a little shakin up and no bad things hapend.Sooo she came in that teacher and we all just looked at her and she asked us"what`s wrong?"..well i said to her "you don`t look so good, you look sick"..she said 'nehhh i`m fine"..i then again said"well you look a little pale are you sure you didn`t hurt yourself in that accident?"...and when everyone in the class started the way i was going she said"your right i do feel sick, i am going home"...AND again my job was done and we all coudl go home early that day waahahahahahaaaaa.....

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Draztic Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Whaha you see again how easy it is to make someone feel sick when you say it with enough ppl.
Draztic
Draztic
5th Degree Student
5th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Little_Light Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:06 pm

pittster wrote:I didn't realize you were such a delinquent as a kid!! Wink Wink Wink

Poor Debbz!!! lol! lol! lol!

Actually i was a really good kid. Just some harmless mischief here and there. Even mom will say so. I was a happy, funny smart little kid.
Little_Light
Little_Light
4th Degree Student
4th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Little_Light Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:08 pm

manuel wrote:
Little_Light wrote:

dang it seems we have two little Twisted Evil amongst us , man that is so funny

Aww now you know i'm really an angel lol
Little_Light
Little_Light
4th Degree Student
4th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Little_Light Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:26 pm

Mara wrote:i was always sweet Liz...hehehhee... just as you were i read ...LMAO... Teachers in our class never tayed long, they couldn`t even handle us fro one hour let alone an intire day HAHAHAHAAA... i remember oe day i was just freaking happy.The teacher came in and told us to get our books..at that moment i just had this tune in my head i couldn`t get out,soooo annoying.So i figured if i had this annoying tune in my head i was gonna share it with the class and started singing out loud and then yelled "NOW EVERYONE"..and ofcourse they all sang along...so my job was done i wasn`t the only one with this stupid tune in my head.We were with 35 kids in our class,can ye imagion the teacher going nuts!!!!!!! She walked out and then the principal came into our class.Started to yell and make a big fuzz out of the littel insident hehehehe..Then we walked into the next class and she came in again telling us our teacher for that hour would be 5 mintues late cause someone just hit her car..nothing big though she just was a little shakin up and no bad things hapend.Sooo she came in that teacher and we all just looked at her and she asked us"what`s wrong?"..well i said to her "you don`t look so good, you look sick"..she said 'nehhh i`m fine"..i then again said"well you look a little pale are you sure you didn`t hurt yourself in that accident?"...and when everyone in the class started the way i was going she said"your right i do feel sick, i am going home"...AND again my job was done and we all coudl go home early that day waahahahahahaaaaa.....

Dang Mara! You just keep suprising me! We had some really great teachers for the most part. We were very lucky cause they could have stuck us with some really crappy ones. But they really wanted us to do well. Basically the principal took the kindergarteners with the very highest test scores and put us all in one class,Told the teacher as long as the basic curruculum for that grade level was covered, the rest of the time we were free to study whatever. So we got to do cool projects watch all kinds of educational videos, play learning games, whatever the teacher could come up with to keep us learning and being creative. It was great fun so the little tricksies we pulled generally got looked over. I was rarely the ring leader, just the one who figured out how to actually pull them off lol
Little_Light
Little_Light
4th Degree Student
4th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum