Haunted North Carolina

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Haunted North Carolina

Post  Nena on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Since it's almost Halloween I thought I would post some hauntings from my area. And who doesn't love a good old fashion real life ghost story lol.

Historical Hauntings
North Carolina has even more to offer than the beach and mountains in one beautiful state, it also has ghosts. Please be advised that these places do require the landowner's permission to visit. A visit to any of these places make a great spooky vacation, especially when done around Halloween. North Carolina is also home to the mysterious Brown Mountain Lights .

Biltmore Estate
Biltmore Estate in Asheville, is home to many legendary ghosts, including George W. Vanderbilt, the home's original owner. His wife missed him terribly after George died from complications of an appendicitis. Late at night she would go into the estate's library and sit in front of the marble fireplace, talking to George. Although she was aware that he was not really there, she found comfort and calmness by talking to his spirit.

To read more on this story and others, please click the link below:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Haunted-Places-in-North-Carolina

Last edited by Nena on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made mistake)
Nena

Back to top Go down

Re: Haunted North Carolina

Post  Queen of Wands on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks Nena! Shocked
Queen of Wands
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  manuel on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:26 pm

wow , and you live close to that all ???

thanks for the post and the link nena Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/manuelbidinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nena on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:55 pm

That and more. There is an old abandoned children's hospital downtown and I can't get any info on it. There is alot here in the area, just not much on each place.
Nena

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Cups on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:25 am

Ow men i love these stories..like for real!! I can fill my intire day just reading these..thank you SOOO much Nena for posting this hun.I hope you can get some info on that children`s hospital.I know how annoying it is when you know of a haunted place yet can`t find the right info or enough on it..or the proof that goes along with the stories.I was looking for the info and proof on the Amsterdam Bell Tower..a short story i found but no pic`s to proof it or more detailed info on it.

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top