Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Site Changes
by LunaLight Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:31 pm

» Help Us Find a New Look
by 4evr Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:33 pm

» Haunted location pics
by starchang Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:23 pm

» December 21 first 2012 is NOT the end
by Queen of Cups Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:54 am

» Idea for a game of sorts
by Nena Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm

» I had Deja Vu
by Queen of Cups Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:10 am

» Want to start a psychic journal..any ideas?
by Nena Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:25 pm

» Are psychic abilities hereditary?
by Nena Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 pm

» Do you Want to Write for the Charmed News?
by Queen of Wands Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:42 am

» Super Mario on The Welcome Page
by Queen of Wands Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:41 am

Are psychic abilities hereditary?

5 posters

Go down

Are psychic abilities hereditary? Empty Are psychic abilities hereditary?

Post  schmorg13 Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:35 pm

Just wanted to see what everyones thoughts were on this. Do you think that abilities are passed down the generations, or does it just seem that way? If you have abilities, are you more open to discussing and sharing experiences with your family and they just become more intuitive because they open themselves up to the idea or have you passed it on to them genetically? I have always been told that my great grandmother and grandmother had abilities, my mom does but will NEVER admit it, I do, my oldest daughter does, and now my littlest one (2 and 1/2 years old) is starting to do and say things that my oldest one used to at that age. I am curious if anyone else has this in their family. Hope this all made sense... haven't had enough coffee yet..haha

schmorg13
schmorg13
5th Degree Student
5th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Are psychic abilities hereditary? Empty Re: Are psychic abilities hereditary?

Post  Queen of Wands Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:50 pm

It's on my mothers side for me, her and her father and I don't know how many back through or how many others have it and don't admit to it in the family.
Queen of Wands
Queen of Wands
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Wands Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:17 pm

When I replied I was in a hurry so now I want to add to it.....for me I think a lot of people on both sides have dreams and premonitions but one side is very Christian and doesn't like to talk about that kind of stuff and the other side is very practical and I don't believe many of them give it any chance to bloom or grow.

My grandfather can see spirits, I think he always has been able to but he's a crusty old war vet so even now it's something he only talks to a few people about. I'm proud to be one of them, he talks to my mom about it too, she practiced openly when I was a kid doing crystal ball and palm readings at our dining room table LOL.

My kids, I know they are both sensitive, I suspect one is stronger than the other but I will have to wait until they get bigger to know for sure.

Schmorg do you do anything other than the automatic writing? What about the kids? Have you talked to them about it?
Queen of Wands
Queen of Wands
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deb1968 Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:40 pm

I don't know for sure if it is or not. My grandmother had the gift and some of us in the family seem to have the same gift or a different gift. Not sure who in her family had it though because she really didn't know her mom. Her mom died giving birth to her.
I've also heard that from a religious point of view that some think it's God giving you the gift for site in dreams and stuff. Wanting to get across a message.
deb1968
deb1968
Cap Of The Month Winner
Cap Of The Month Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  schmorg13 Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Sorry QOW just saw your reply to me. I haven't done automatic writing since highschool (you know when dinosaurs roamed the earth..haha). I am not certain what you would call me, I have seen spirits on multiple occasions and heard them speak since I was a child. I can go into a home or to a location and know things about it, or feel when spirit is present. I can't look at someone and give them a reading of their future, but I can sometimes tell you about their past or an issue. I can watch news reports and see images or get an immediate sense of what happened to someone or if they are still alive or dead. My oldest daughter who is now 12 has seen spirits since she was about 2. It started when we had moved into a new home and she started pointing to my room and following an "unseen" person from my room to her room. On many occasions we would hear her giggling and laughing saying "stop tickling me" and would find her in her room laughing hysterically rolling around on the floor. She used to say Papa Ghost Papa Ghost and point. I always felt something in the home, but I never really questioned anything about it until she started talking and seeing it. We found out a year or so after moving in that the previous owner had passed in my bedroom while his wife and daughter were in Spain. He was an elderly gentleman and a former school teacher. He was a gentle soul who loved children..I was thankful for that. Since that time, she sees them frequently in our new home. I have been told before that she calls them..not intentionally, but they are drawn to her. I find the genetic aspect fascinating, and I noticed that my own abilities lessened when I gave birth to her..almost like I split my gift with her..lol.. Now, my youngest daughter who is 2 1/2 made a pretty frightening comment the other night. I was driving home from visiting my mom, and there is an area near her home that has always made my hair stand on end..just a little stretch of road that creeps me out. Right in that area, the baby says "stop Mama, stop Mama, skeleton in the bushes! Turn around!" God only knows what she was seeing, but I am not surprised. I can't say for certain how much my family acknowledged their gifts, I have heard through the years that my Great Grandmother, who was Cherokee indian, and my grandmother could see spirit. My mom can as well, but chalks it up to losing her mind...she is a skeptic even though things happen to her all the time. My son, who is almost 4, doesn't seem to have the ability. But then again, he doesn't slow down long enough to notice anything. haha.. It is definately discussed between my daughter and I, it is hard not to discuss it when we both see someone walk through the middle of the kitchen and they are not of this world..
schmorg13
schmorg13
5th Degree Student
5th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Cups Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:23 am

Interresting wuestion..i say YES it is. My mom`s mom knew she ha a gift but didn`use it unless she saw danger for her childen, my mom has the gift and she also only uses it for when one of use is gonna be in danger .I ..well that is obvious lmao..my daughter also has the gift and is still learning and will start working with ti to help others as she sais.My sister just had a baby who i know also has a gift, and my brother`s kids have it but i think his daughter has the stronger gift of the 2.So if you look at it now i am writing it..it seems to be stronger within the women of our family..mm interresting hu.

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nena Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Alot of times from what I've seen online. It runs in families alot.
Nena
Nena

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Wands Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:49 pm

That's awesome Schmorg! Your daughter sounds a lot like mine, both my kids used to talk about the 'other kids' in our house when they were in the 3-4 year old range. Amazing isn't it?

I really do think it runs in families but then I also think we all have it buried somewhere inside but we've come to rely so much on technology and our other senses over the years that it's grown weak in most people.
Queen of Wands
Queen of Wands
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nena Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 pm

I agree!
Nena
Nena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down