Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Site Changes
by LunaLight Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:31 pm

» Help Us Find a New Look
by 4evr Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:33 pm

» Haunted location pics
by starchang Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:23 pm

» December 21 first 2012 is NOT the end
by Queen of Cups Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:54 am

» Idea for a game of sorts
by Nena Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm

» I had Deja Vu
by Queen of Cups Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:10 am

» Want to start a psychic journal..any ideas?
by Nena Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:25 pm

» Are psychic abilities hereditary?
by Nena Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 pm

» Do you Want to Write for the Charmed News?
by Queen of Wands Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:42 am

» Super Mario on The Welcome Page
by Queen of Wands Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:41 am

Children and Imaginary Friends

+6
Harley
Queen of Cups
manuel
Nena
deb1968
Queen of Wands
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Children and Imaginary Friends Empty Children and Imaginary Friends

Post  Guest Tue May 05, 2009 11:26 am

Just curious,

When a child has an imaginary friend, is it just the overactive imagination of a child, or are they seeing something that most adults are too closed minded to see?

Just wondering what you all think.........

Back to top Go down

Children and Imaginary Friends Empty Re: Children and Imaginary Friends

Post  Queen of Wands Tue May 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Have you been talking to our mutual friend who lives up the road from me? She just had a perfect experience for this......anyway I think it's both. I think children are extremely open to the spirit world because they don't know it's socially unacceptable yet AND because they don't have as much junk cluttering up their minds as we do. Anyone can be tuned in to the spirit world through meditation but with children.....there minds are already in that state to start with, if that makes sense.

I know that after my stepdad died my daughter told me very matter of factly one day that "Pa" had visited her the night before, and she went on to perfectly describe the experience of having spiritual contact. I know that's not an imaginary friend but just an example. Bot of my children have also talked about the 'little girl' in our house, and a little girl has been caught repeatedly on web cam, when I had it set up at Jason's. They don't refer to her as a playmate but.....that's just a matter of terminology as far as I'm concerned.

Now as for our friend up the road......she called me last week and told me this story and asked if I could find out any information about it.....because when her daughter was little she was constantly playing with an imaginary friend named Chris. Now......5 or 6 years later......the neighbor's 2 year old was staring at their house the other day and out of the blue starts to wave and says "look, it's Chris!" and when the parents look there is nobody there. When they ask him, he says "Oops he's gone now." Just dumb luck that our friend's husband was standing right there at the moment and witnessed this and it made a click......hmmmm.....wasn't that the name of the imaginary friend years ago?

Wink
Queen of Wands
Queen of Wands
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 05, 2009 12:49 pm

I did not know that about our mutual friend....very interesting though!!

My daughter had a "friend" when she was little, and I am pretty sure the girl had a name, but right now I can't remember it. Old age setting in...... She was very vocal about the friend and would discuss what they did.

I also had an imaginary friend when I was little. I don't really remember the details, but I was picked on about it by my siblings...well, I am still picked on about it. (My "friend" signed my wedding reception book and when my children were born, they got gifts from my "friend"......) but I digress.....I had a first and last name for my friend, but I don't remember a lot. and I apparently must of been very vocal about it because as I said, they both remembered the details of me having the friend, and kept the joke going for years.....wish I could remember more about her. I have always wondered though if there was more too it than just being an imaginary friend because I have 2 very distinct memories of a little girl, in a white/light pink dress. I am unsure however if they are related to my friend, or just random memories of something else.

I guess I will probably never know....

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Wands Tue May 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Ask yourself next time you meditate. Wink Trust me on this one.

BTW That is the funniest *&^%$ing thing I've heard in a long time that she signed the registry at your wedding etc. LMAO!!

I used to have an imaginary friend named Jamie, and I don't recall that I ever saw him, but I think I felt him around me and later during school I was always drawn to a student in my class named Jamie because the name was such a source of comfort to me. I think there is a reason I felt comforted by Jamie but it's linked to something very private.....so I'll pass on posting it......but I will say that I believe he was probably there at my loneliest moments.
Queen of Wands
Queen of Wands
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deb1968 Tue May 05, 2009 2:00 pm

I too had a imaginary friend. Her name was Lisa. But she wasn't imaginary. I wrote a story about here on another site I'll have to post it here. Have to find it first..lol
deb1968
deb1968
Cap Of The Month Winner
Cap Of The Month Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Nena Tue May 05, 2009 2:15 pm

I don't recall having an imaginary friend. Crying or Very sad

My daughter used to talk with someone. They would speak to her in her right ear until she turned four or so. I tried to get her to tell me a name but, she always clammed up. She also was very acurate on things especially her father. I was kinda hoping it would stay around but, it didn't.
Nena
Nena

Back to top Go down

Post  manuel Tue May 05, 2009 4:37 pm

for me , i didn't have an imaginary friend , but my little girl has one , she play's alot with a kid that is called jimmy , she talks to him and she play's with him , i do have the feeling he is a few years older than my little girl , but she knows he's there

as for the qeustion if our children have an overactive imagination or an 'real' friend , well i think some of them do have an real friend and some of them have an overactive imagination
manuel
manuel

http://www.myspace.com/manuelbidinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Cups Tue May 05, 2009 5:20 pm

manuel wrote:for me , i didn't have an imaginary friend , but my little girl has one , she play's alot with a kid that is called jimmy , she talks to him and she play's with him , i do have the feeling he is a few years older than my little girl , but she knows he's there

as for the qeustion if our children have an overactive imagination or an 'real' friend , well i think some of them do have an real friend and some of them have an overactive imagination

Djimmy is the name bro..yes he is around Mercedes a LOT...however he is just 6 month older then her... Wink .

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Cups Tue May 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Starshine the little girl you talked about..did she have long blonde hair in two pony tails..like this smiley Children and Imaginary Friends 1948..and white/light pink ribbons in them?

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Cups Tue May 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Cathy does Chris have ash-blonde hair?

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Wands Tue May 05, 2009 7:14 pm

I don't know, to be honest I've been too busy to focus on the situation yet.
Queen of Wands
Queen of Wands
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Cups Tue May 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Cathy wrote:I don't know, to be honest I've been too busy to focus on the situation yet.

ah that`s okay Very Happy

Queen of Cups
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harley Tue May 05, 2009 11:08 pm

When my youngest was a baby, we used to hear his mobile wind up in his crib and him giggling like crazy. As he got older, he would run around the house, playing hide-and-seek with "Papa"........ my grandfather who died before he was born (in the very room I'm typing in at this moment). And, he would point to pictures of both my grandparents and say "Mama and Papa" even though he had never heard those names before. He also would play and talk to "Elvis".......yes, I mean THAT Elvis. My mom is a HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEE fan. I would even have to hold Elvis' hand when we were walking in a parking lot... LOL.

I also believe that it can be either or both.
Harley
Harley
3rd Degree Witch
3rd Degree Witch

http://www.capturingskeet.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Queen of Wands Tue May 05, 2009 11:19 pm

Well you know, Elvis doesn't really count, seeing as how he's not really dead and all. razzie2
Queen of Wands
Queen of Wands
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harley Tue May 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Ok, ya got me there! ROFL.
Harley
Harley
3rd Degree Witch
3rd Degree Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Mara wrote:Starshine the little girl you talked about..did she have long blonde hair in two pony tails..like this smiley Children and Imaginary Friends 1948..and white/light pink ribbons in them?

No, no pigtails, but she did had very light colored, blond hair.

Back to top Go down

Post  Harley Tue May 05, 2009 11:33 pm

Starshine, I love your quote.
Harley
Harley
3rd Degree Witch
3rd Degree Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 05, 2009 11:48 pm

Harley wrote:Starshine, I love your quote.

Thank you Harley! I truly do believe it too... I would have to thank my Mom for instilling that in me. aha

Back to top Go down

Post  Harley Tue May 05, 2009 11:51 pm

I've learned it the hard way myself. But, happy to have learned it. Very Happy I "choose" to be happy these days. It feels WONDERFUL!!!!!
Harley
Harley
3rd Degree Witch
3rd Degree Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 06, 2009 10:21 pm

Harley wrote:I've learned it the hard way myself. But, happy to have learned it. Very Happy I "choose" to be happy these days. It feels WONDERFUL!!!!!

Well, I should say, I didn't ALWAYS listen to my Mom.....so it took me a little while too for it to SINK in... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  mary Thu May 07, 2009 6:44 am

I used to have what I considered an imaginary friend as a child, but it wasnt anyone I could see, ever. It was more someone to talk with when I was a toddler since my siblings were so much older than I. (I was an "oops" baby, though my mother will never admit that ;) ) But I wonder if that was anything more than what I thought it was.

Dunno...but it is an interesting subject and good to hear all of your thoughts and experiences.

mary
3rd Degree Witch
3rd Degree Witch

http://www.myspace.com/madlymary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 07, 2009 9:58 am

Mary,
That was kinda my situation too. My siblings weren't a lot older than me (4 & 6 yrs) but enough were we weren't playmates. I don't really remember even talking to her, but I must have, because, like I said, the joking went on for years. Those 2 memories always made me wonder, because I don't know who else they could be, and they were always memories of just me and her, and they are very vivid.

Back to top Go down

Post  vanessa Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:02 pm

I too had 2 imaginary friends. They were both boys, their names were Gribbs & Wougie. Im 45 yrs old & still think about them often. And I dont know how those names came about, but I thought to share this with you all.
vanessa
vanessa

Back to top Go down

Post  butterflyburks Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:29 pm

I had one named Abby, and now my younger daughter has the one named Emily that came with this doll:

Children and Imaginary Friends Pics_a12
That is how I found out the name of her sprit(other then Eimly wispering her name in my ear)
Thanks for sharing that with us!!! Children and Imaginary Friends Icon_flower
butterflyburks
butterflyburks
4th Degree Student
4th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesky Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:16 pm

I don't remember having an imaginary friend. I used to talk to myself a lot and thinking I was not alone.
I sure find the whole thing very fascinating. On one hand, you don't want to stop the innocence of kids at that age and on the other hand, there's what we perceive as normal behaviour.
Interesting topic.
Bluesky
Bluesky
5th Degree Student
5th Degree Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: